Thursday 9 August 2012

The cheat's maxi dress!





















I've been wanting to make a maxi dress for a while and I bought this gorgeous turquoise fabric in the hope of making one! Unfortunately I'd worked out the measurements wrong and the length I bought meant that I could only make a complete maxi dress out of it if the lines on the fabric were vertical not horizontal, which I didn't want! So I went looking for plain black jersey in the hope of making a shirred bodice and attaching it, but it was all too expensive and I wanted to make this now! So I ended up modifying a top to make this maxi dress and that was the birth of 'The cheat's maxi dress'! I've written a tutorial because this is an ideal project for beginners or someone who wants to make an easy maxi dress on the cheap! Mine only cost £7! I hope you like it, I do!

1 comment:

  1. That is lovely! I must try this. I have always been put off by the cost of fabric because it uses so much!

    Katy
    x

    ReplyDelete