Wednesday 30 November 2011

Creating some Christmas sparkle!

I mentioned in my previous post that I had bought a plain lace dress to wear over the Christmas period but that I wanted to sparkle it up a bit, well it's definitely more sparkly now and a lot quicker than I thought! I managed to get an enormous pack of sequins in poundland, for (you guessed it) £1 which brings total cost of the dress to £15 which is pretty bargainous I think!

I've gone for a scattering of sequins all over with a more concentrated area of sequins around the bottom of the dress and a line of sequins around the edge of each sleeve. There are probably a good 150 - 200 sequins on there but that won't be that clear from the photos as you can only really see the sequins that the light was shining on at the time. I haven't done anything with the back yet and am undecided about whether to leave it plain or whether to add sequins to it. I'm also not sure whether I should do the same with the hem at the bottom of the dress as I've done with the sleeve cuffs. What do you think?

Anyway, here are some pictures for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment